This is my lunch today and it is so delicious that I had to have 2 bowls of it. Mind you, I already had my first batched of lunch which was about quarter to 12 and now its quarter to 2 already so I think it is my in between meal food 😀 Here's how I cook this delish mung bean soup from my own made-up recipe and just sharing it in here for anybody would like to try :)
1 cup of mung beans ( or as much you prefer to cook)
1/4 cup of spring onions ( or 2 pieces then chop it)
1 tablespoon of red onions (chopped)
1 tablespoon of garlic (chopped)
1 bell pepper ( chopped thinly)
2 handful of string beans ( or again as much as you like)
1/4 teaspoon of table salt ( or a pinch will do)
1 teaspoon of all purpose magic sarap (optional)
1/2 teaspoon of black ground pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic granules (optional)
1 tablespoon of oil (vegetable oil or olive oil)
6 cups of water ( boil one as it is quicker and you could add more water if needed)
1) In a cooking pot pour the mung beans and wash it at least twice then add 3 cups of water and bring to boil but check regularly to make sure it has still enough water. Add more water if necessary until the mung beans get soft and the skin are totally peeling or separated. Then check it water are all soaked dry to the mung beans and stop the heat. Then leave it to dry for half an hour or you can do it overnight if you prefer to. Meanwhile, get all other ingredients ready and chopped as possible as it is a quick and easy process.
2) In a pan heat the oil then add the chopped garlic and followed the chopped onions. Wait until brownish before adding the softened mung beans. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add hot water then bring to boil (approximately 20-30 minutes). When its boiled add dried seasonings such as, ground black pepper, garlic granules, salt, all purpose magic sarap along with the bell pepper. Bring to boil again for 10 minutes.
4) Add the string beans and simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Sprinkle the spring onions then leave to simmer for 1 minute then done!
6) Serve and enjoy!